January 1st 2022
- Introduction and Overview
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
The types of personal information that we may collect about you include, but may not be limited to: information you provide to us, information collected automatically about your use of our Site, and information from third parties.
Information You Voluntarily Provide Us. The personal information that we collect from you may include:
- Form Submissions: information that you provide by filling in forms that we make available on the Site, such as to request a quote or to contact us to request information or assistance, including your name, title, email address, phone number, company name, loan type, asset type, and amount.
- Mailing List Sign-Ups: information relating to our newsletter sign-up page, including your email address;
- Technical Support and Customer Service: information you provide when you report a problem with the Site or otherwise communicate with us by email, via our Site, by telephone, in writing, or through other means, including any records and copies of your correspondence that you provide;
- Third-Party Contact Information: the name and email address of individuals to whom you send information via our Site; and
- Information We Collect Automatically. As you navigate through our Site or otherwise interact with Arion, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Information About Your Use of the Services: when you browse our Site, our systems automatically collect information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser language, domain names, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, pages viewed and the order of these page views, the amount of time spent on particular pages, and the date and time of your request.
- Device Information: if you access the Site through a mobile device (e.g., a smart phone or tablet), we may be able to identify the general location of your mobile device, your mobile device’s brand, model, operating system, resolution, screen size, system version, mobile network information, and your mobile device’s advertising ID.
We also may supplement your business contact information with information from third party sources, in order to verify your identity or to enrich what we know about your or your company through business intelligence services.
- How We Use Your Information
Arion uses your information for business and commercial purposes, including to provide the commercial real estate lending, investing, and advisory services that you request; to perform customer service functions; for security and fraud prevention; for marketing and promotional purposes; and to perform website analytics.
We may use the information we collect about you in the follow ways:
- To Provide You Our Services: providing any services or products that you request or purchase in connection with the Site, such as to process your application, fulfill our contracted for services, and provide information in relation to our financing options, loan platforms, and real estate investment sales;
- To Provide You with Service-Related Communications: contacting you regarding the administration of any features or functions of the Site you have registered to use, and notifying you about changes to our Site and services, our policies, terms or any products or services we offer or provide though our Site;
- To Provide Customer Support or to Respond to You: responding to your questions or other requests;
- To Send You Marketing and Promotional Emails: contacting you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you based on the services that you already use or the offerings that you have already inquired about, unless you have opted not to receive such information;
- For Internal Use and Services Improvement: accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site and user activity, including determining which features and services users like best to help us operate, enhance and improve our Site;
- To Maintain Legal and Regulatory Compliance: processing personal information to pay our taxes, fulfill our business obligations, ensure compliance with employment and recruitment laws, or as necessary to manage risk under applicable law;
- For Research Purposes: for research purposes and to provide reporting for external clients and business partners that does not contain personal information;
- With Your Consent: for any other purpose disclosed to you prior to you providing us your personal information or which is reasonably necessary to provide the services or other related services requested, with your permission or upon your direction; and
- How We Share Your Information
- We may share information between and among Arion subsidiaries and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision making, and other business purposes, such as expanding service offerings;
- We may share your information with service providers that provide us with support services, such as website hosting, email and postal delivery, service delivery, analytics, and conducting academic research;
- We may disclose personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us is among the assets transferred. By engaging with Arion or using our Site, you understand and agree to our assignment or transfer of rights to your personal information;
- We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g., a court or a government agency), or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, or safety of Arion or our customers;
- We may disclose your information, including non-directly identifiable cookie IDs and other device identifiers, with advertising and marketing partners, in order to advertise our services and to assess, develop, and provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you;
- We may disclose your personal information for any purpose with your consent; and
- We may share your information in a way that does not directly identify you. For example, we may share information about your use of our Site in a manner that does not identify you, or we may combine information about the nature or frequency of your transactions with similar information about other people and share the aggregated information for statistical analysis and other business purposes.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies
We and business partners we allow on our Site may use a variety of technologies to collect information about your device and use of our Site, including cookies. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow it) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser.
- Browser Settings. Each browser is different, but many browsers have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed, or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari Desktop, Safari Mobile; and Android browser.
Please note that if you turn cookies off, some features of the Site will be disabled, will not run as efficiently, or may not function properly.
- Google Analytics. For more information on how to opt-out of tracking technology from Google Analytics, click here.
- Interest-Based Advertising Opt-Outs. Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members for a particular web browser. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
- “Do Not Track” Technology. Some newer web browsers have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. We currently do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals, as there is no standard for how online services should respond to such signals.
- How We Protect Your Information
Arion protects your information using administrative, technical, and physical security measures to reduce the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of your information. We strive to ensure that information is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. However, no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, including personal information, is absolutely safe from intrusion or other unauthorized access by others. You are responsible for protecting your password(s) and maintaining the security of your devices at all times.
- Retention and Disposal of Your Information
- Your Communications Preferences and Account Management
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of the Site. From time to time, we may also send you other messages or updates about Arion, our sites, and our service offerings or other activities. If you do not wish to receive non-transaction or security-related communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the communication or by contacting us as specified in the “Contact Us” section below. Please note that if you opt out of receiving communications from us, we may still send you service communications such as emails about your account or the status of your application.
- Children’s Privacy Rights
Arion’s Site and services are not directed towards children under the age of 18 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that their child under 18 provided our Site with personal information, please contact us immediately so that we may be take appropriate steps to promptly remove such information from our systems.
- Integration of Third-Party Platforms and Services
12 Contact Us